When listing your home, it is important to do as much as possible to help it sell quickly and at a good price. The last thing that you want is for potential buyers to be distracted by something as simple as paint color. While this is something you might consider it an easy fix, buyers will look at it as an added hassle and expense.
So, what color is the right color? When in doubt, go neutral. You want buyers to see your home as a blank canvas that they can add their own touches to. Since everyone’s tastes are different, it is important to try to appeal to the largest group possible. Greg Allman, Broker with Greenbrier Real Estate Service comments, “In my 24 years in real estate I’ve found that most buyers relate better to neutral paint colors when selecting their home.” Now, neutral does not necessarily mean beige here, beige there, beige everywhere! On the contrary, color can give a home character and added appeal. The key is to use soft tones! For example, to create a relaxing atmosphere in a bedroom, avoid a harsh navy blue, and opt for a subtle sky blue. Understated tones of grey and green are also good options. Keep in mind also that darker colors make a room appear smaller, while lighter colors create the illusion of more space. Finally, it is important to note that white is not a neutral color. It is bright and reflecting which can make your home about as appealing as a hospital. White is best used for trim, moldings, and mantles to make them pop.
Not only will a toned-down paint scheme help your home show better, but it will also help it to photograph much nicer. In today’s age, more and more people are beginning their home search online. Since this is the case, you want the photos of your listing to make a great first impression!
When you are ready to list your home, take a moment to ask yourself if your color choices would appeal to the largest group possible. If the answer is no, you may want to consider heading to your local home improvement store.
Looking for a summer project? Landscaping can not only add value and curb appeal to your home, but can also help you to enjoy it more.
- Install edging. Installing a rigid edging around your flowerbeds not only creates a clean, crisp look, but also makes mowing easier!
- Add tree surrounds. It is nearly impossible to grow grass all the way to the trunk of your trees, but those bare spot don’t have to be an eye sore. Using brick, stone, or any other appealing material, create tree surrounds.
- Upgrade your concrete pathway. Let’s face it, concrete is boring. Why not spruce up your walking paths with brick, flagstone, or slate? If stone is not your style, consider staining your concrete a nice, rich earth tone.
- Plant along your foundation. Does your exposed foundation drive you crazy? Add some full, low-maintenance shrubbery along the base of your home to cover it! If you’re looking to add some color at the same time, consider hydrangeas or rose bushes!
- Add some color. Green is great, but it’s ok to mix it up! Make your landscaping pop by adding flowers! If installing flowerbeds sounds intimidating, consider adding planters around your house. The base of your mailbox is also a charming place to add flowers.
- Light it up. While your landscaping may seem warm and inviting during the day, have you considered how it appears at night? Something as simple as adding solar lights along walkways and installing a porch light can work wonders!
Helping families first isn’t my job, it’s my commitment.
Looking for a Company you can trust when searching for a Mortgage Loan? Look no further!
Heather Roques at Movement Mortgage is ready to guide you through the Mortgage Process with ease.
Movement Mortgage is committed to being a change in the mortgage industry. They are one of the fastest growing mortgage companies in the nation. Their innovative approach brings families home faster and helps real estate agents shine.
Movement Mortgage is a direct seller to Freddie Mac, Fannie May and issuer of Ginny Mae. A full service lender from beginning to end, Movement Mortgage will be able to offer you a wide range of loan products.
More than 70% of Movement Mortgage loans are processed within 7 days of application.
Greenbrier Real Estate Service and Movement Mortgage, work hard to assist buyers and sellers with all of their Real Estate needs in the Greenbrier Valley and surrounding areas. When you are ready, feel free to call us at 304.645.2255 and one of our professional REALTORS and a Sales Manager at Movement Mortgage at 304.699.2390 will be happy to help you in any way to get you quickly in your Home Sweet Home!