Nothing gives a home a more welcoming feel than an elegantly decorated front door. Other than the Christmas tree it is the most important element to decorate.
Here are some ideas for a Holiday inviting inspired front door:
- With any front door, pay attention to scale. Centralize everything into a small space to give a bigger impact. You will have one large focal point rather than several randomly decorated areas.
- Pay attention to the entire entry area. Make sure you create a multidimensional effect while creating visibility.
- Use swags of live cedar garland to create a nature inspired look. When hanging garland over the door, make sure to use florist wire to secure garland over the nails without the nails being conspicuous. For a dramatic effect, cut the live garland a little longer so it drapes to the ground. Don’t forget to mist the live garland periodically to keep it fresh looking throughout the Holiday season.
- Use large pine cones that could easily be picked up anywhere in the Greenbrier Valley or you can go to most craft supply stores and pick them up in bundles.
- Stay away from real fruits or berries, which can rot and attract pests. Berries can also be highly poisonous to household pets. As an alternative, artificial fruit can hold up well to harsh winter conditions and is lightweight so it will not weigh down the garland.
- Incorporating magnolia or pomegranate leaves within your design of garland and topiaries will certainly add a decorator’s touch to your holiday decorations.
- If adding lights, remember to hang them loosely so they will not snap or break the garland.
- Choose ornaments in a variety of complimentary shapes, sizes and colors.
- Lastly, pay attention to detail. Make sure the door wreath matches the rest of the decorations. If lights are added to the garland, make sure you hide the extension cord. Also make sure the extension cord is either green or brown to be less conspicuous, as opposed to a yellow or orange cord. The details add up and makes a perfect front door for the holidays.
Most importantly, the Realtors and Staff from Greenbrier Real Estate Service wish you the very best this Holiday season.