Vacation season is upon us! Kids are nearing their last days of school, the weather is getting warmer and we just can’t wait to get our toes in the sand or go to our favorite theme park.
While packing your bags and making sure you have everything ready is very important, what are you doing to make sure your home is safe while you are away?
We have done some research and have made a small list of things to do (or not do) while on vacation to make sure your home will be protected.
- Ask a friend or neighbor to come over and periodically check on the house.
- If possible, hire a “House Sitter”.
- Keep the curtains open! May sound strange, but it gives the persona of someone being home.
- Have a friend or neighbor turn a light on at night or set a timer.
- Call the post office to stop the mail from being delivered or have someone pick it up.
- (This one can be hard) Do not post on Social Media that you are on vacation. Post the pictures the week after you come home from vacation with a heartfelt Thank You to whomever watched the house while you were away.
- Make sure to Unplug your Televisions and Computers while you are away, just in case of a storm.
Wherever you go and whatever you do this Summer, we wish you a safe and wonderful time with family and friends!