Just some tips for your little Ghouls, Goblins, Super Heroes and Fairy Princesses to follow for a safe and Happy Halloween:
- Avoid clothing that dangles or has accessories that could make a child trip or fall.
- Chose your “weapons” wisely…Any swords, guns, lasers or costume accessories should be soft or flexible to avoid injury in case your child does fall.
- Make sure the kids are visible at night, especially if their costume is dark in color.
- Go Trick or Treating in a neighborhood you are familiar with and make sure older children who may be going alone has a designated time to be home.
- Children under 10 should be accompanied by an adult. Just in case they get lost from you, have a designated area to meet.
- Charge your Cell Phones. Also the Flashlight option on your phone will be a great accessory to lead the way.
- Be aware of your surroundings if you are driving!! Please…DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE.
Have a wonderful and safe Halloween from the Realtors and Staff at Greenbrier Real Estate Service!!
Despite what many people say, fall is actually a great time of year to sell your home. While springtime may be the most popular season to put a house up on the market, there is no reason to …
Source: Tips For Selling Your Home in The Fall
In the wake of a devastating natural disaster, homeowners like you simply want to get back to the way things were. The faster you can get into something new or rebuild your dream home, the more quickly you can return to normal.
Movement Mortgage is excited to offer the FHA 203(h) Disaster Relief Program, which provides mortgages for victims of major disasters who have lost their home and are buying a replacement home or restoring what nature destroyed. If your previous residence was destroyed by a flood, fire, storm, hurricane, earthquake or another federally declared natural disaster, you may qualify.
WHY USE MOVEMENT MORTGAGE?
|At Movement, we understand buying or restoring your home after a disaster is a serious decision for you and your family. Our fast, innovative 7 Day Process was created for us to help get you through loan approval and to closing within days and without hassle. We won’t give you the run-around, and we’ll treat you like family. Let us make life a little easier with the best service and support in the industry.
Buying a home can be one of the best feelings in the world. Nothing beats the feeling of security and satisfaction when you open the door to a new home and are happy with your purchase. The question is, how can you best ensure that feeling is going to happen? The real estate world has many pitfalls, and naturally you will want to avoid them and end up with a great home. Here are some great tips on how to streamline your home purchase and keep those headaches from cropping up.
- Enough cannot be said about being financially secure and aware. If you spend some time organizing your finances before making an offer on a home, the process becomes much less stressful. First, you should research your credit history and find out if there are any outstanding issues or problems and take care of them. Unresolved problems can negatively affect your chances of getting a good mortgage, so it is in your best interest to clear up any credit issues up before the buying process starts. Most mortgage companies will offer you a pre-qualification; this is nice to have, but you are better off to take it a step further and obtain a pre-approval for your mortgage. A pre-approval gives you an absolute number to work with. Not only does this make shopping for a home easier on you, but it gives you a significant amount of leverage in the actual sale.
Greg Allman from Greenbrier Real Estate says….”There’s nothing worse than having prospective buyers fall in love with a home, only to discover later that they are not able to afford it. After that, no other home will compare. Your best defense to this kind of disappointment is to come into the process aware of your finances.”
- The next logical step is to begin working with your realtor on finding homes that suit your needs. Let your realtor know your list of wants and needs and let them come up with a list of fitting homes. During this time, you can also research the available homes in your chosen area on the internet to find places that appeal to you. With this information, you and your agent will be able to view properties with confidence and easily find a home that is agreeable to your needs, wants, and wallet.
- Once you have located the perfect property, have an inspection done. This step cannot be stressed enough. Be wary of sellers who are willing to sell to others on the “no inspection” clause. This is never a good thing, as much of the time they do not want an inspection done for a reason. As the potential new owner of the home, you have the right to know everything there is to know about it. The inspection is an extremely important step in ensuring your protection. After all, this is going to be your home, right? Do not ever sell yourself short.
Buying a house can be a daunting task, but if you follow these simple tips it can be a very exciting and rewarding experience!
Townhome just 1 mile from downtown Lewisburg and offers 3 Bedrooms 2.5 baths. 2-story foyer leading into an Living Room, and Den with fireplace. Dining area and Kitchen with Bar area. Private Back area and mountain views from the front.
Offered at $198,000
At Greenbrier Real Estate we work hard to assist buyers and sellers with all of their Real Estate needs in the Greenbrier Valley and surrounding areas.
When you are ready, feel free to call us at 304.645.2255 and one of our professional REALTORS will be happy to help you in any way!
1047 Washington Street East
Lewisburg, WV. 24901
Greg Allman, Broker
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all the “stuff” around you? Are you constantly tripping over toys, digging through your closet to find your favorite pair of shoes, or staring at a sink full of dirty dishes? Studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between our stress levels and the amount of clutter in our homes. Reducing the clutter in your life can not only help you keep those stress levels at bay, but it can also help you enjoy your home more, and even protect its value! If your home could use a little de-cluttering, there’s no better time to start than now!
Perhaps the best place to start is in your closet since that is all too often where all of our miscellaneous items end up. As a general rule of thumb, your closet should house your clothing, shoes, and not much else. You should make an effort to go through your clothing at least once a year and get rid of anything that you don’t wear anymore. Tackle that pile of shoes on the floor of your closet by investing in a shoe rack or over-the-door shoe organizer. You’d be amazed at how much space is freed up. Install hooks on the sides of your closet for purses, scarves, and belts. If you have the space and budget, you may even consider investing in a custom closet system to optimize your storage space.
The garage is another place where things tend to pile up. What is meant to protect your vehicles often becomes a storage unit piled with clutter! Now, we’re not saying you should get rid of your lawn mower and tools, but do you really need that set of golf clubs you haven’t used in a decade or your child’s old bike that they outgrew five years ago? If you’re finding yourself trapped in your garage, a good old fashioned garage sale may be the answer you’re looking for! Not only will it help you reclaim space, but it will also make you a little extra cash. And, whatever doesn’t sell can be donated, which is something you can feel good about. Still strapped for space? Consider investing in a small storage shed in your backyard. It is the perfect place to store seasonal items such as mowers, bikes, and patio furniture. Installation of cabinets or shelving can also keep clutter under control.
What about the rest of your home? There are millions of ways to create storage and maximize space, whether it be in your kitchen, bathrooms, basement, or elsewhere! Try checking online (Pinterest is a useful tool) or taking a trip to your local home improvement store for ideas! Now is the time to reclaim your home and your sanity! You’ll be surprised at the difference it can make in your life.
Are you looking for a new look for your home, but don’t have the time or money for a major remodel? Then you are in luck! There are many inexpensive updates that can be done quickly and easily while still creating a big impact!
- Paint! This is a project that can be done on as large or small of a scale that you want. Touch up your baseboards with a fresh coat of white, give dingy cabinets a facelift, or transform an entire room!
- Replace hardware! Dress up your cabinets with new knobs and drawer pulls! This simple fix can give new life to older cabinetry for a fraction of the cost of replacing it! Don’t want to stop there? Upgrade your door knobs too!
- Frame your mirrors! Are you bored with the builder’s grade mirrors in your bathrooms? Add a touch of elegance by framing them.