Going green is great for the environment, but that’s not the only benefit. When you make green upgrades in your home, it can also lead to some major savings.
- Solar panels: The upfront cost is big, but the long-term savings are huge. Solar panels will cost several thousand dollars to install, but ongoing maintenance costs are very low, and a typical system could save you hundreds of dollars per year. You can even sell your surplus electricity.
- Wood furnace: Wood-burning furnaces are relatively inexpensive, and though the yearly savings aren’t as dramatic (about 10% on heating bills), it adds up over the long run.
- Insulation: There’s a good chance your insulation isn’t very efficient, especially in older homes. Look into installing floor, cavity, wall, and loft insulation to reduce your heating bills.
- Rain barrels: Rain barrels are extremely inexpensive, and provide gallons of free water to use when you wash your car or water your garden.
- Geothermal system: OK, so the price tag is scary at first. A geothermal system uses the earth’s temperature to heat and cool your home, but can cost $30,000 to install. But tax credits allow you to get a lot of that money back, and the energy savings average about $1,900 per year. If you plan to be in your home for a decade or two, it’s a great investment.
Greenbrier Valley Upcoming Events
September 7, 2018 First Fridays After Five
Check out the shops, galleries, and restaurants in downtown Lewisburg! Most stores staying open until 9 p.m. serving complimentary refreshments and entertainment!
September 8, 2018 10a.m. – 4 p.m. White Sulphur Springs own Freshwater Folk Festival
The Freshwater Folk Festival is a celebration of our nation’s fish, wildlife, and natural resources. The 2018 festival will feature great music, food, dance, crafts, fun and educational activities.
September 8, 2018 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Ronceverte 1882 Heritage Days Celebration
Celebrate Ronceverte’s rich hertitage
September 8, 2018 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. DARE to CRUZ Car Show
Showcase of more than 100 street rods, muscle cars and vintage automobiles. All proceeds benefit the Lewisburg Police Department’s D.A.R.E program.
Contact us for any real estate needs! 304.645.2255
Gregory Allman, Broker