Vacation season is upon us! Kids are nearing their last days of school, the weather is getting warmer and we just can’t wait to get our toes in the sand or go to our favorite theme park.
While packing your bags and making sure you have everything ready is very important, what are you doing to make sure your home is safe while you are away?
We have done some research and have made a small list of things to do (or not do) while on vacation to make sure your home will be protected.
- Ask a friend or neighbor to come over and periodically check on the house.
- If possible, hire a “House Sitter”.
- Keep the curtains open! May sound strange, but it gives the persona of someone being home.
- Have a friend or neighbor turn a light on at night or set a timer.
- Call the post office to stop the mail from being delivered or have someone pick it up.
- (This one can be hard) Do not post on Social Media that you are on vacation. Post the pictures the week after you come home from vacation with a heartfelt Thank You to whomever watched the house while you were away.
- Make sure to Unplug your Televisions and Computers while you are away, just in case of a storm.
Wherever you go and whatever you do this Summer, we wish you a safe and wonderful time with family and friends!
I called into work and told them I had to watch the fog rise, I couldn’t imagine being behind my computer.
They laugh, tell me to have fun and be careful…I promise to send some pictures, and I’m off.
Today I am particularly grateful to be able to work at a company that understands my need to enjoy The Greenbrier Valley and surrounding counties.
On beautiful mornings like this, they automatically expect the text or call saying “I will be in later, the fog on the mountains are too beautiful to miss.”
Real Estate is a fast paced business and we work very hard to make sure each and every one of our clients are taken care of.
Our goal is to help you sell and find your perfect home in a timely manner.
As a Marketing Director, I am not always the one that you see or talk to, and if I do answer the phone, I have probably accidentally hung up on you because transferring a call is nearly impossible!
I’m the calm behind this business, the one driving around in my car at 5:30am because the sunrise is too beautiful and I can’t sleep in.
I’m the one who gets a text message from Jill asking me if I am out getting pics of the Greenbrier Valley Sunset!
We at Greenbrier Real Estate Service don’t just want to Market your home or show you the perfect piece of property, we actually care about this sublime part of West Virginia.
We can tell you where to find the perfect sunsets, the best hiking trails, or give you directions to the nearest restaurant.
We will always be there to answer any question you have about this beautiful piece of Almost Heaven.
It’s funny what can happen when you sit on top of a quiet mountain by yourself;
I could quite possibly have the best job in the world, even when you have to perform an impromptu cattle herd.
Crystal Adams Faulkiner, Marketing Director
Immaculate and Updated home in Lamplighter Valley Lewisburg. Features a 2 story foyer, Formal Living and Dining area. Gourmet Kitchen and Family Room with gas Fireplace. Huge master suite on 2nd level with large walk-in closet and master bath. Hardwood flooring, crown molding, custom built-in cabinets and wainscoting are some of the extra details through-out this home. The unfinished basement is great storage area or ready for you to finish for additional living space. Easy access to downtown Lewisburg’s restaurants, shopping and more!
Offered at $349,900
At Greenbrier Real Estate we work hard to assist buyers and sellers with all of their Real Estate needs in the Greenbrier Valley and surrounding areas.
When you are ready, feel free to call us at 304.645.2255 and one of our professional REALTORS will be happy to help you in any way!
1047 Washington Street East
Lewisburg, WV. 24901
Greg Allman, Broker
Are you thinking about selling?
You may be ready, but is your house ready to be put on the Market? As a REALTOR, we want to share some tips with you based on buyer feedback that will help sell your home quickly and get top dollar asking price.
Here are some things that a homeowner may miss, but a potential buyer notices immediately.
SPRING CLEAN YOUR HOME:
- Clean Windows
- Fresh Paint
- Clean Grout in kitchens and bathrooms
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned
- Replace furnace filters
SPRUCE UP THE LANDSCAPING:
- Mow the lawn
- Plant flowers
- Trim bushes and trees
- Fresh Mulch
- Pressure wash home and deck
- Pack away winter clothes
- Sell or donate items that you don’t use
- Pack personal cherished belongings and valuable items
- Stage the cabinets, shelves, and closets
COLOR COLOR COLOR:
- Buy new bedding with pillows that incorporates fresh bold color
- Replace the old heavy drapes with light curtains
- Add pops of color by painting older furniture
- Replace towels, shower curtains and bathrugs
- Beige is OUT….It is ok to go a bit bold with color (just don’t go overboard!!) Make sure the colors compliment each other and flow throughout the home.
Selling your home in the winter presents a unique set of challenges. There are buyers out there, which means you can sell your home, and for a great price. Bur to do so, you need to avoid the common mistakes sellers make in the season of snow and cold temperatures.
Here are some mistakes to avoid as a Winter Home Seller:
- Going at it alone. Choosing the For Sale By Owner route may sound like a good idea, but by hiring an Agent you can ensure that you are doing everything right and improve your odds to make sure you sell your home properly.
- Trying to save on your utility bill by keeping the house cold. Buyers need to be drawn in, not frozen. You always want the buyers to feel warm and cozy, a safe haven even in the coldest of winters. Keep the thermostat at a comfortable temperature!
- Not clearing the sidewalk. Winter weather may make your walkways treacherous and difficult to use. You want potential buyers to have an easy time getting in and out and around the home. Shovel the snow, put some Ice Melt where necessary and keep up if the snow and ice are still accumulating.
- Not using photos from a more attractive season for your listing. If snow is piling up, icicles are hanging and trees are bare, your seasonal pictures of your home could be a big help to the potential buyer. Make sure you give your agent some seasonal photos for buyers to be able to imagine their life there the entire year.
- Failing to spruce up our house with color and scent. Summer brings its own appeal, but when it comes to winter, sometimes you need to add some warmth to your home, something to make it more welcoming. Use seasonal decorations, pops of color and seasonal scents.
- Being too busy to show your home. Just having your home on the market can put you under considerable stress. There is a lot on the line and naturally you want to sell your home for the best price you can. Every time you deny a showing, you are lessoning the chance of achieving your ultimate goal.
The REALTORS at Greenbrier Real Estate Service are here for you and all of your Real Estate needs. We can offer you our professional advice and opinions on selling your home during any season. When you are ready, feel free to call us.
Nothing gives a home a more welcoming feel than an elegantly decorated front door. Other than the Christmas tree it is the most important element to decorate.
Here are some ideas for a Holiday inviting inspired front door:
- With any front door, pay attention to scale. Centralize everything into a small space to give a bigger impact. You will have one large focal point rather than several randomly decorated areas.
- Pay attention to the entire entry area. Make sure you create a multidimensional effect while creating visibility.
- Use swags of live cedar garland to create a nature inspired look. When hanging garland over the door, make sure to use florist wire to secure garland over the nails without the nails being conspicuous. For a dramatic effect, cut the live garland a little longer so it drapes to the ground. Don’t forget to mist the live garland periodically to keep it fresh looking throughout the Holiday season.
- Use large pine cones that could easily be picked up anywhere in the Greenbrier Valley or you can go to most craft supply stores and pick them up in bundles.
- Stay away from real fruits or berries, which can rot and attract pests. Berries can also be highly poisonous to household pets. As an alternative, artificial fruit can hold up well to harsh winter conditions and is lightweight so it will not weigh down the garland.
- Incorporating magnolia or pomegranate leaves within your design of garland and topiaries will certainly add a decorator’s touch to your holiday decorations.
- If adding lights, remember to hang them loosely so they will not snap or break the garland.
- Choose ornaments in a variety of complimentary shapes, sizes and colors.
- Lastly, pay attention to detail. Make sure the door wreath matches the rest of the decorations. If lights are added to the garland, make sure you hide the extension cord. Also make sure the extension cord is either green or brown to be less conspicuous, as opposed to a yellow or orange cord. The details add up and makes a perfect front door for the holidays.
Most importantly, the Realtors and Staff from Greenbrier Real Estate Service wish you the very best this Holiday season.
Did you know that Lewisburg is home to one of four Carnegie Halls still in use in the world?
Built in 1902, Carnegie Hall Lewisburg still has numerous live performances, workshops, Art exhibits and classes including: pottery, art, dance, basket weaving, creative writing, and photography to name a few.
This time of year the gingko tree is in full bloom at Carnegie Hall, as people anxiously await the day that the golden leaves start to flutter to the ground one by one until the tree is bare. If you have not had a chance to witness the phenomenon, you still have the chance. The leaves have not completely fallen yet, but we are expecting it to happen soon.
Just some of many beautiful attractions in the Greenbrier Valley and why we love Lewisburg and the surrounding areas.
Just some tips for your little Ghouls, Goblins, Super Heroes and Fairy Princesses to follow for a safe and Happy Halloween:
- Avoid clothing that dangles or has accessories that could make a child trip or fall.
- Chose your “weapons” wisely…Any swords, guns, lasers or costume accessories should be soft or flexible to avoid injury in case your child does fall.
- Make sure the kids are visible at night, especially if their costume is dark in color.
- Go Trick or Treating in a neighborhood you are familiar with and make sure older children who may be going alone has a designated time to be home.
- Children under 10 should be accompanied by an adult. Just in case they get lost from you, have a designated area to meet.
- Charge your Cell Phones. Also the Flashlight option on your phone will be a great accessory to lead the way.
- Be aware of your surroundings if you are driving!! Please…DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE.
Have a wonderful and safe Halloween from the Realtors and Staff at Greenbrier Real Estate Service!!
In the wake of a devastating natural disaster, homeowners like you simply want to get back to the way things were. The faster you can get into something new or rebuild your dream home, the more quickly you can return to normal.
Movement Mortgage is excited to offer the FHA 203(h) Disaster Relief Program, which provides mortgages for victims of major disasters who have lost their home and are buying a replacement home or restoring what nature destroyed. If your previous residence was destroyed by a flood, fire, storm, hurricane, earthquake or another federally declared natural disaster, you may qualify.
WHY USE MOVEMENT MORTGAGE?
|At Movement, we understand buying or restoring your home after a disaster is a serious decision for you and your family. Our fast, innovative 7 Day Process was created for us to help get you through loan approval and to closing within days and without hassle. We won’t give you the run-around, and we’ll treat you like family. Let us make life a little easier with the best service and support in the industry.