Vacation season is upon us! Kids are nearing their last days of school, the weather is getting warmer and we just can’t wait to get our toes in the sand or go to our favorite theme park.
While packing your bags and making sure you have everything ready is very important, what are you doing to make sure your home is safe while you are away?
We have done some research and have made a small list of things to do (or not do) while on vacation to make sure your home will be protected.
- Ask a friend or neighbor to come over and periodically check on the house.
- If possible, hire a “House Sitter”.
- Keep the curtains open! May sound strange, but it gives the persona of someone being home.
- Have a friend or neighbor turn a light on at night or set a timer.
- Call the post office to stop the mail from being delivered or have someone pick it up.
- (This one can be hard) Do not post on Social Media that you are on vacation. Post the pictures the week after you come home from vacation with a heartfelt Thank You to whomever watched the house while you were away.
- Make sure to Unplug your Televisions and Computers while you are away, just in case of a storm.
Wherever you go and whatever you do this Summer, we wish you a safe and wonderful time with family and friends!
Immaculate and Updated home in Lamplighter Valley Lewisburg. Features a 2 story foyer, Formal Living and Dining area. Gourmet Kitchen and Family Room with gas Fireplace. Huge master suite on 2nd level with large walk-in closet and master bath. Hardwood flooring, crown molding, custom built-in cabinets and wainscoting are some of the extra details through-out this home. The unfinished basement is great storage area or ready for you to finish for additional living space. Easy access to downtown Lewisburg’s restaurants, shopping and more!
Offered at $349,900
At Greenbrier Real Estate we work hard to assist buyers and sellers with all of their Real Estate needs in the Greenbrier Valley and surrounding areas.
When you are ready, feel free to call us at 304.645.2255 and one of our professional REALTORS will be happy to help you in any way!
1047 Washington Street East
Lewisburg, WV. 24901
Greg Allman, Broker
Are you thinking about selling?
You may be ready, but is your house ready to be put on the Market? As a REALTOR, we want to share some tips with you based on buyer feedback that will help sell your home quickly and get top dollar asking price.
Here are some things that a homeowner may miss, but a potential buyer notices immediately.
SPRING CLEAN YOUR HOME:
- Clean Windows
- Fresh Paint
- Clean Grout in kitchens and bathrooms
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned
- Replace furnace filters
SPRUCE UP THE LANDSCAPING:
- Mow the lawn
- Plant flowers
- Trim bushes and trees
- Fresh Mulch
- Pressure wash home and deck
- Pack away winter clothes
- Sell or donate items that you don’t use
- Pack personal cherished belongings and valuable items
- Stage the cabinets, shelves, and closets
COLOR COLOR COLOR:
- Buy new bedding with pillows that incorporates fresh bold color
- Replace the old heavy drapes with light curtains
- Add pops of color by painting older furniture
- Replace towels, shower curtains and bathrugs
- Beige is OUT….It is ok to go a bit bold with color (just don’t go overboard!!) Make sure the colors compliment each other and flow throughout the home.
Did you know that Lewisburg is home to one of four Carnegie Halls still in use in the world?
Built in 1902, Carnegie Hall Lewisburg still has numerous live performances, workshops, Art exhibits and classes including: pottery, art, dance, basket weaving, creative writing, and photography to name a few.
This time of year the gingko tree is in full bloom at Carnegie Hall, as people anxiously await the day that the golden leaves start to flutter to the ground one by one until the tree is bare. If you have not had a chance to witness the phenomenon, you still have the chance. The leaves have not completely fallen yet, but we are expecting it to happen soon.
Just some of many beautiful attractions in the Greenbrier Valley and why we love Lewisburg and the surrounding areas.
Just some tips for your little Ghouls, Goblins, Super Heroes and Fairy Princesses to follow for a safe and Happy Halloween:
- Avoid clothing that dangles or has accessories that could make a child trip or fall.
- Chose your “weapons” wisely…Any swords, guns, lasers or costume accessories should be soft or flexible to avoid injury in case your child does fall.
- Make sure the kids are visible at night, especially if their costume is dark in color.
- Go Trick or Treating in a neighborhood you are familiar with and make sure older children who may be going alone has a designated time to be home.
- Children under 10 should be accompanied by an adult. Just in case they get lost from you, have a designated area to meet.
- Charge your Cell Phones. Also the Flashlight option on your phone will be a great accessory to lead the way.
- Be aware of your surroundings if you are driving!! Please…DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE.
Have a wonderful and safe Halloween from the Realtors and Staff at Greenbrier Real Estate Service!!
In the wake of a devastating natural disaster, homeowners like you simply want to get back to the way things were. The faster you can get into something new or rebuild your dream home, the more quickly you can return to normal.
Movement Mortgage is excited to offer the FHA 203(h) Disaster Relief Program, which provides mortgages for victims of major disasters who have lost their home and are buying a replacement home or restoring what nature destroyed. If your previous residence was destroyed by a flood, fire, storm, hurricane, earthquake or another federally declared natural disaster, you may qualify.
WHY USE MOVEMENT MORTGAGE?
|At Movement, we understand buying or restoring your home after a disaster is a serious decision for you and your family. Our fast, innovative 7 Day Process was created for us to help get you through loan approval and to closing within days and without hassle. We won’t give you the run-around, and we’ll treat you like family. Let us make life a little easier with the best service and support in the industry.
Buying a home can be one of the best feelings in the world. Nothing beats the feeling of security and satisfaction when you open the door to a new home and are happy with your purchase. The question is, how can you best ensure that feeling is going to happen? The real estate world has many pitfalls, and naturally you will want to avoid them and end up with a great home. Here are some great tips on how to streamline your home purchase and keep those headaches from cropping up.
- Enough cannot be said about being financially secure and aware. If you spend some time organizing your finances before making an offer on a home, the process becomes much less stressful. First, you should research your credit history and find out if there are any outstanding issues or problems and take care of them. Unresolved problems can negatively affect your chances of getting a good mortgage, so it is in your best interest to clear up any credit issues up before the buying process starts. Most mortgage companies will offer you a pre-qualification; this is nice to have, but you are better off to take it a step further and obtain a pre-approval for your mortgage. A pre-approval gives you an absolute number to work with. Not only does this make shopping for a home easier on you, but it gives you a significant amount of leverage in the actual sale.
Greg Allman from Greenbrier Real Estate says….”There’s nothing worse than having prospective buyers fall in love with a home, only to discover later that they are not able to afford it. After that, no other home will compare. Your best defense to this kind of disappointment is to come into the process aware of your finances.”
- The next logical step is to begin working with your realtor on finding homes that suit your needs. Let your realtor know your list of wants and needs and let them come up with a list of fitting homes. During this time, you can also research the available homes in your chosen area on the internet to find places that appeal to you. With this information, you and your agent will be able to view properties with confidence and easily find a home that is agreeable to your needs, wants, and wallet.
- Once you have located the perfect property, have an inspection done. This step cannot be stressed enough. Be wary of sellers who are willing to sell to others on the “no inspection” clause. This is never a good thing, as much of the time they do not want an inspection done for a reason. As the potential new owner of the home, you have the right to know everything there is to know about it. The inspection is an extremely important step in ensuring your protection. After all, this is going to be your home, right? Do not ever sell yourself short.
Buying a house can be a daunting task, but if you follow these simple tips it can be a very exciting and rewarding experience!